Is this scratch very bad for a camera ? Does it affect the lense, and the quality of the picture?

A guy is selling me this camera but i don t know if is still good, is a Canon G12, cost 100 euros, he said that it doesn t affect the quality of the pictures, i don t know!

4 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 7 años

The guy is telling you the truth, but in a misleading way. The scratch will not affect the quality of the photos .... SOMETIMES. At wide apertures it will likely never show, but at more narrow apertures and if light hits it just right, it certainly can affect the photo. If all other aspects of the camera are in excellent condition AND you can get the camera at a bargain basement price, then it is probably worth buying. 100 euros is $135 dollars, and while the G12 is a nice, and expensive camera, I would be hard pressed to give that price for it with the scratched lens. I might go $75 (55 Euros) on it, but I would have to think about that even.

One other thing to think about. Lenses are actually pretty darn tough. It takes some doing to put a scratch on them. You have to wonder what kind of care and treatment the camera has had all it's life, which is probably not too good to have obtained the scratch in the first place. If the camera has had a tough life, something else may fail in the not too distant future.

• ?
    Lv 7
    hace 7 años

Clicking on your inline image blows up a much larger version and the fine scratch along the lower edge can be seen. The advice about shooting some images at the extremes of the settings applies. I would also want images with the sun or other light source almost directly overhead to see if the scratch highlights at the bottom of the pictures.

• Matt
    Lv 7
    hace 7 años

I don't see where the lens is scratched. Have him take a few shots with the camera zoomed all the way wide and all the way telephoto and see for yourself.

• hace 7 años

When light strikes that scratch at a certain angle, it will diffract the light and that will show on the image.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.