My Analysis of each Barca Player's Performance?

Victor Valdes: He's officially the new hated player by cules. Some cules behind me were actually booing him which is unacceptable during a match but I can see where they're coming from. Those two goals could have been saved. Carles Puyol: He was a work horse today. From my angle I seriously thought he... mostrar más Victor Valdes: He's officially the new hated player by cules. Some cules behind me were actually booing him which is unacceptable during a match but I can see where they're coming from. Those two goals could have been saved.

Carles Puyol: He was a work horse today. From my angle I seriously thought he saved that ball from going in but then it went in. At least he made up for it with his aggressive defending performance today.

Dani Alves: He needs to stop going forward so much. It was the same thing as chelsea's match. He failed to cover his position at times and had to be forced into his own half during the 2nd half.

Mascherano: He was only decent today doing well at times and not doing well at other times. Towards the end of game, he became desperate to win and started charging forward. He was not too bad today.

Adriano:Really nothing to say about him. I barely noticed him during the match. I'm not going to say that he defended well or anything because really, if I don't notice you in the match then you probably weren't effective.

Xavi: Another really bad game. I think his passes this match were really unconstructive. He seemed to want to hold possession in the midfield as long as possible and then attack which you can't do if Madrid is going all out defending. For the first time, I was relieved when Pep replaced him. It really hurt me seeing my favorite going off though....

Iniesta: He seemed to be winging this game. He didn't seem to really have a plan and I noticed sometimes that his passes were kind of sloppy. He didn't connect with Xavi today and seemed rather confused. Really disappointed in him.

Thiago: sloppy passing. I don't know why people are saying that he was good today. Going forward and looking lively does not mean he was the best midfielder today. I liked his spirit but his numerous messy passes led to Madrid having possession.

Busquet: Looked out of energy. Didn't really see him into the game. He seemed to really lose his marbles toward the last 20 minutes of the match. He seemed to lost direction and momentum. He seemed to want ther other midfielders to do the job and be content if he didn't have to be "blamed" for any mistakes. I don't know how to describe this but I hope you can somehow catch on.

Tello: The boy is nothing but a child in this match. His youthful speed and tricks is not going to work against Madrid. Don't know why Pep started him. His shooting skills are not that great. But then again, if you look at the qualities of his previous goals, they weren't exactly great either. They were more of luck. He hampered our front today.

Messi: He should have gotten an assist through Xavi but xavi missed. He only shined fro time to time with his long dribbling but other times, he seemed to shut down. Other times i noticed that he would insert into the midfield to help out since our midfield today was horrible. Other times when he did take a shot, it was not on target. If you judge him as a midfielder, he did better than the others. If you judge him as a striker, he flopped.

Alexis: Let's look beyond his goal. That goal was damn lucky. When he was on the field, he made a lot of useless runs like literally RIGHT into madrid defenders. I can't see from my distance in the stands but I'll bet that when he was dribbling, he wasn't looking up.

Cesc: Nothing. Didn't notice him in the match. Since this is the case, I'll assume he was ineffective as he has been for the last 2 months.

In all, we did really badly. I think it also exposed holes in our tactics of tiki taka, who's out of form, and to me, it exposed our weakness in set pieces.
9 respuestas 9