Mamie
Lv 4
Mamie preguntado en PetsOther - Pets · hace 1 década

3 year old dog adopted a 2 month old kitten?

A 3 year old dog, has never been a mom, has adopted 2 month old kitten not only for playing but for feeding him as if he was a puppy too before sleeping. Is the dog's milk bad for the kitten? Is it bad for the dog the kitten's stimulation? I'm not sure what to do. It's so strange for me

5 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 década
    Respuesta preferida

If the dog has never been a mom, then she is not producing milk. The kitten may be suckling out of instinct, but is not getting anything. Make sure you give it mother's replacement milk and begin feeding it solid foods. The interaction between the dog and kitten is fine. If it comforts both of them, no harm done.

• Penny
    Lv 4
    hace 5 años

The animals at Petsmart or any other pet store, for that matter, always rub up against the glass. Wouldn't you, if you were stuck inside there all day and someone came along and stopped to look at you? Makes me feel guilty when I see them too, but you must realize that you can't rescue every cute critter out there. Much better to stick with the two you already have, so you can afford to give them the love and attention they need and deserve. Also, since you're still living at home, I assume that the parents are paying the food bills for the kittens you have now? At least providing the roof under which they live? Might be an excellent idea to get their thoughts on it. Otherwise this gray tabby could end up at Petsmart like your other one did.

• hace 1 década

You should ask the vet to find out. If she says no there is kitty milk at stores that is good for them... just try not give it cow milk cats are lactose intolerant

• hace 1 década

the dog cant produce milk

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 década

my cousin raised a squirrel with dog milk

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.