Why do you have to be ignored if you are disfellowshipped in a Jehovah Witness Religion?

17 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 década
    Mejor Respuesta

Jehovah's Witnesses certainly do NOT ignore those who have been disfellowshipped. Congregation elders routinely invite such ones to qualify for reinstatement, and every Witness would be happy to perform social niceties such as holding the door or giving up a bus seat to a disfellowshipped person in need.

A person is *NOT* expelled from Jehovah's Witnesses for personal misgivings or confusion regarding some teaching. In the matter of doctrine, it is only those who ADVOCATE unscriptural teachings who disqualify themselves from continuous spiritual fellowship with the congregation.

Jehovah's Witnesses do practice the Scriptural practice of disfellowshipping for unrepentance of such serious sins as fornication, drug abuse, stealing, and apostasy. Baptized Witnesses who join the military or publicly engage in worship with another religion are considered to have disassociated themselves from Jehovah's Witnesses.

Contrary to the misinformation of anti-Witnesses, it is quite possible to become inactive in the JW religion without becoming disfellowshipped. As long as one's lifestyle does not bring reproach upon the congregation, and as long as one does not advocate one's disagreements with the religion, the congregation has no interest in "investigating", exposing, and disfellowshipping an inactive former Jehovah's Witness.

For those who are disfellowshipped or disassociated, a primary goal is to shock the person into recognizing the serious of their wrong so that they rejoin the congregation in pure worship. Since the primary bonds that are broken involve friendship and spiritual fellowship, it is well understood that family bonds remain intact. Parents, siblings, and grown children of disfellowshipped and disassociated ones sometimes choose to limit what they may feel is discouraging or "bad association" but that is a personal decision and is not required by their religion.

Former Witnesses who are disfellowshipped or disassociated are typically treated in accord with the Scriptural pattern explained in these Scriptures:

(1 Corinthians 5:11-13) Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. ...Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

(Titus 3:10) As for a man that promotes a sect, reject him after a first and a second admonition

(Romans 16:17) Now I exhort you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them.

(2 Thessalonians 3:6) Now we are giving you orders, brothers, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to withdraw from every brother walking disorderly and not according to the tradition you received from us.

(2 Thessalonians 3:14) But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked, stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed.

(2 John 10) If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him.

(Matthew 18:17) If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations

Becoming baptized as a Jehovah's Witnesses is not a trivial step. At a minimum, a student must demonstrate months of regular meeting attendance and public ministry, then must himself express the desire to be baptized. The candidate then spends hours answering hundreds of bible questions wherein he expresses both a clear understanding and personal conviction regarding Jehovah's Witness teachings in at least three separate interviews with three different elders. The candidate must vocally agree to be baptized in front of hundreds or thousands of eyewitnesses, and must be publicly immersed in water. This is not a momentary emotional decision by an unreasoning child. Dedication as a Witness required hard work and determination at the time.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

For the most part many Witnesses who come on here are pleasant .Most try their very hardest to explain to those( who may be turned off from listening to witnesses in the future) the very best and even weighing every word so as not to stumble anyone and still be telling the truth.I for one enjoy their input although I always don't completely agree they are trying their best and that can be seen.BUT then there are those who really are just rude or self righteous they are only hurting themselves since they know very well themselves that humility is a quality that is an absolute essential one that God expects His people to have.There is one person in particular that somehow comes off as a pompous arrogant know it all( well to be honest there are a few but one that really makes me think of an old soap opera called AS the Stomach turns.It seem that every time I read a comment he has made my stomach turns.I'm not kidding .He just has a way of wording himself that reminds me of Satan on the mountain tempting Jesus.He really makes me ill.He twists what someone says or down rates their intelligence saying their question is a false premise.What ever, I cannot even read further then his first few words so if anything of value come afterward I will never get it.I just would like to add one additional comment to the readers of the answers to this question that really has nothing to do with the aforementioned comments I have made thus far.

There is absolutly no such thing as social anything to anyone who is disfellowshiped .Not social anything get my drift that is merly a play on words to make something appear to unsuspecting and un JW educated people who don't know what they are really all about to cover up the truth of what goes on.There are no social niceities to a disfellowshipped or disassociated person(people who left and were not kicked out for immorality of conduct unbecoming a Christian)And those who say they call on those who are disfellowshipped and always leave that door opened to return well to think that my grandchildren who are witnesses believe that we are being called on and that a hand of love is reaching out and we are refusing it it makes me physically ill.Why because that is an outright LIE.I know many who have never received any call from these shepherds even before they were disfellowshiped or disassociated.NEVER not once.I don't know a nice way to say that they have slyly beguiled people into believing that this is their real conduct.Well makes no difference until it happens to you then you will know you read the truth right here but it will be too late then because by then you will be one of us and no one will believe you either ironic isn't it?When its too late for you then thats when you will see it is the whole truth when you live it.I didn't believe this either I all but called my own Mother a lier.Thank God I had the sense that I didn't go that far I would never had forgiven myself.Please walk carefully and check out what you read,you will surely find enough to check out further.

• hace 1 década

Once again the Witnesses who have answered previously are not telling the TRUTH...

Disfellowshipping is nothing less than a form of fear and control.

I know of many who were disfellowshipped even though they repented...Most times the Elders decide to take this action, it is to set an example to others within the cong.

You are not allowed to associate with any outside of this cult so when disfellowshipped then who have you got?....no-one!This in turn is supposed to usher you back to a correct standing within the cong.

They will tell you that even God has left you!Not so....like i said its all FEAR FEAR FEAR.

• hace 1 década

My brother, not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, is a meth addict and alcoholic. You will see many people like him on the reality documentary "Intervention".

For years, my whole entire family has reasoned with him, and employed everything from scientific fact to begging to get him to see how his choices are killing him.

It never worked.

In the end, when his lifestyle began to affect our individual relationships with him in a very negative way, we each chose to stop allowing him access to our lives. This came after we were in a court case, in which he was being tried for violent behaviour that came as a result of his addictions.

Our hope is, that once we've stopped enabling his behaviour, he will be faced to live with the consequences of his choices, and may finally see the unreasonableness of his stand.

In following the Bible's provision of 'disfellowshipping', Jehovah's people are in fact doing the same thing with a brother or sister who has made, in a sense, a similar choice as my brother.

It is not, as you state, simply and cruelly that one is ignoring a former associate.

It is really that you have taken a final, brave decision, based on the love and respect you have for one who you love as a brother, and on respect you have for the God Jesus himself worshipped, and His standards.The desion for a disfellowshipping comes after review by a body of elders. Disfellowshipping is rarely, if ever, sudden. The individual MUST be willfully and unrepentantly following a course of behaviour contrary to the dedication he or she made to become one of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. In all instances, it is the very last resort. It is an intervention.

Men of good standing and spiritual maturity from the congregation, who have been approached for and accepted the volunteer position of oversight within the congregation (commonly called 'elders') will frequently call on such disfellowshipped one's.

Regardless of whether they are repentant or not, the call is made to determine whether this one desires to be reconciled with the congregation, and has become repentant of his repetitive, willful wrong doing.

They will comfort them, and support them in their effort to overcome problems keeping them from pursuing their personal spiritual course.

Some who come in contact with such one's in work and casual situations find they can have a simple friendly conversation.

They usually limit these in respect for God's command, and in keeping with the hope that 'by doing so, some have gained their brother'.

Achtung Heiss has provided all the scriptures you will need to ascertain if these things are indeed to be found in the Bible, or not, and if so, the question begs asking, why do most so-called 'Bible-based' religions NOT follow the Bible's admonitions?

Fuente(s): God's word: The Bible.
  • ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 década

Simply put, it drives home the point that the way you live your life and your conduct is not acceptable to God. By doing this the disfellowshipped person may in time realize what he/she has lost and will make changes to be acceptable to God again. When this happens that person is readily accepted back, and also it causes great joy in heaven if someone returns.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

I think you misinterpret the intentions of Disfellowshipping (DF). The Elders of JW's don't just DF someone because they sinned. It's all about the individuals attitude towards the sin. The elders of the congregation are there to help the sinner see the need to repent. If the individual refuses to see the need of repentance, then yes, DF'ing is a way of keeping the congregation clean. Any witness who is upholding God's moral standards, as set forth in the Bible, would refrain from associating with someone who is unrepentent of their actions until the see the need of repenting. (1 Corinthians 15:33)

• papa G
    Lv 6
    hace 1 década

Ones that are disfellowshipped are disfellowshipped not for the wrong they have committed but for their attitude towards the wrong. They have an unrepentant attitude and for that reason they are disfellowshipped. It's like sending your son or daughter to the corner for not being sorry and can join the rest of the family when they ask for forgiveness.

• hace 1 década

It's Biblical.

Jehovah's Witnesses practice 1st century Christianity. The 1st century Christians practiced disfellowshipping.

1 Corinthians chapter 5 discusses one instance. Verse 11 states:

"I am writing you to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man."

Also, 3rd John 10 and 11 states:

"If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works."

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

One reason is because they have not followed Bible counsel. They have "deliberately", and that is the strong word here, taken a course in "direct contrast" to a correct course of Biblical living. Once counseled about it, they have refused to acknowledge their wrong ways and course. They have REFUSED to turn around and repent eventhough they KNOW their course is a wrong one.

Therefore, in order to keep the congregation clean and from bad infleunces, this one must be "shunned". However, another GOOD reason for this is hopefully, once this happens and the person has lost all his friendships here, HOPEFULLY it will shock him to his senses and he will afterall, repent and return. But in our organization, there is no room for any badness. It must be kept CLEAN at all times. It is one of the identifying marks of A true religion. Those that must be a true religion MUST KEEP these standards.

(2 John 10-11) . . .If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

(1 Corinthians 5:13) . . .“Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves.”

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

They are afraid that those who have left will find out the truth about the organization and then the Watchtower society will lose funds.....simple as that...religion for prophet...no pun

• hace 1 década

Cant you see Jesus disfellowshipping the unrepentant ones ???

Uhhh, No wait.

He didnt !

If Jesus didnt do it then it shouldnt be done !

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.